Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Critter

Last Thursday night, I fell asleep on the couch. The cat was sleeping on my side and I heard a noise. She kind of moved too, so I thought there was another cat outside, didn't think anything of it and went upstairs to bed.

Friday night, I wasn't feeling well, kind of fell asleep again on the couch. Matt comes upstairs and tells me I need to come down to the basement quickly. Usually this means the cat is doing something cute.

We have an "escape" window in our basement. Now usually in the summer the frogs fall down into that "hole" and Matt is really good at saving them! So since there was like 2ft of snow, I thought a mouse had fallen in there. Well, it was this a muskrat!

Muskrat on snow
Originally uploaded by bouviereddy


It looked like a huge gerbil! It had ripped holes in the screen of the window and was running in and out just like a gerbil would. So Matt got down in there and scooped him out in a bucket and off he went not realizing that his life was probably just saved. He must have been down there for 2 days.

I didn't have my camera, and the snow is finally melting, so I've got to snap some photos of what this guy did to the window and screen!

No comments: