Friday, December 14, 2007

Spirit of Christmas

I think every year I have the same struggle with Christmas. I don't know what it is, but the only thing I can say is that Christmas is not my favorite holiday. The thing I enjoy most about holidays is spreading your love for everyone. I know that sounds hookey, but what I mean is going to social events and visiting with family and friends is what is most fun for me. It's like everyone takes a day or two to visit, call, send a note to communicate your "love" for them. I think that is what makes me feel good during Christmas. I really enjoy the effort we make to visit with friends on Christmas Eve. We have a tradition where we go to church, then to Uncle Chuck's house and then try to hit up one of our good friends family party. The next day, we always have "German Farmer's Breakfast", the 3 of us and Matt's Mom and Dad. (Side note, I just learned from that link that this is also called Bauernfruhstuck). This has been a tradition for us since I married into the family and I really look forward to it every year. Then we head out to various family members homes to pass out the presents. To me, visiting and enjoying each other's company is the most enjoyable thing at Christmas.

No comments: