Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Quicken Online

For years I have balanced my checking account using Quicken. About a month or so ago, I kept thinking I needed a better way to keep track of stuff. I use Google Reader and saw Google Documents, so I thought I'd just track everything in an Excel spreadsheet and always have it online for easy access. Eh, it wasn't that exciting and I wasn't doing well with it.

About a week ago, I saw a couple blogs mention Quicken Online. So I log in and give it a try. This is the part where Matt starts laughing. I think I found an awesome way to track our stuff! You can load all your accounts: checking, savings, credit cards, mortgage, 401K. It updates your transactions everyday and really can help you track your spending. I also think it can help you prevent unauthorized charges to your accounts. I uploaded accounts that have zero balances too, you know, just in case!

Anyway, if you've tried it, let me know what you think!

No comments: