Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays 2008



I hope everyone reading this is having a great holiday with their family and friends. That is one of the things that I enjoy the most out of this season. This year is kind of weird for us since Nadine's getting older. I guess we're transitioning into a new phase of life! But we're still planning what we call "German Farmer's Breakfast" and then spending time with my family. We'll do our usual Christmas Eve service at church and then head out to our two families we always visit this time of year. We always have a good time, so looking forward to it!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Ok... so just what is the German Farmer's Breakfast?" Considering I am married to a Swiss man, we have our own version of something maybe close...but I need to know! What is it exactly? What a tease!

stalkermom said...

It's really good and I learned that it is also known as "Bauernfruhstuck"! Here's how I do it...and this served 5 of us...none left. Fry a package of bacon. Use the grease to cook chopped onion (medium) and green pepper (large) until tender. Add two cans of drained sliced potatoes. I let this go for a few minutes, stirring frequently until the potatoes are heated through. Crumble the bacon in and then add 8 eggs whisked with about a 1/4 cup of milk to the mixture. Stir frequently and when the eggs start to firm up, add several handfuls of shredded colby jack cheese and serve.

It's really filling and we love it!