Friday, January 30, 2009

For Better For Worse...

This week has been interesting. Matt has been complaining about tingling in his hands. We thought it had to do with something he did at work recently, but when it didn't go away, the Dr ordered a nerve test and some x-rays. The nerve test showed no signs of problems, but it was the x-ray comments that had us running scared. They wrote "severe narrowing of the spine". Instantly we both freaked out because his mother has SO many issues with her back. Anyway, an MRI was ordered. As any of us would do, Matt went off to get one thinking nothing of it. He called me shortly after saying he freaked out and couldn't go through with it. The enclosed feeling overwhelmed him and they had to cancel. They suggested coming back and taking something to calm his nerves. So rescheduled for Tuesday. Well, last night it grated on him and he called today asking for an appointment because he didn't think he could last until Tuesday! Luckily he got some meds and was scheduled for 3PM today. I went with him to hopefully help out!

I have to say, even as I sit here now typing this, going through our daily lives, you take for granted how much you really LOVE and CARE about someone. Sitting next to him, holding his hand and listening to 80's hairband songs on XM, I only hoped I could help him stay calm and get through the 20 minute test. He said I helped him, I only hope so!

1 comment:

Linda S. Socha said...

I am new to your blog. However, i understsnd the concernsThis is tough. My daughters friend is involved in extended evaluation due to similiar symptoms....
I am hoping all goes well
Linda